ThomasSweeney

Thomas Sweeney - Author

Thomas Sweeney, author of The Harem.

Me, Inc.: Build an Army of One, Unleash Your Inner Rock God, Win in Life and Business - Gene Simmons As a fan of KISS, I was sincerely looking forward to reading a book on entrepreneurship by the immortal Gene Simmons. Something most of the world has forgotten is that no one had ever done what KISS did right out of the gate and continue to do in the world of business. It made perfect sense for an instructional manual to manifest from the genius behind the painted faces. Unfortunately, Me, Inc. did not live up to my expectations, which normally could be forgiven considering the mountain of quantifiable results Mr. Simmons has accomplished. Initially, I hoped that my disappointment could be blamed on the fact that my copy was an unedited edition that would only require some minor adjustments. What I found were deep rooted challenges concerning his beliefs and perspectives in so many arenas that finishing the book became a burden. While I sincerely appreciate Me, Inc.'s brutal frankness and honesty concerning the state of the business world currently, it was, for Mr. Simmons, uncharacteristically uninspiring and visionless concerning how the business world could be if people truly understood the power an entrepreneur wields during the internet and technology revolutions. Mr. Simmons' attempt at a guide-book for the blossoming business-person fell terribly short. Some of the information is sound in practice, but came across as cliche and even hypocritical at times making absorption and application nearly impossible due to the burdensome distraction of unoriginal advice and the overbearing use of the pronoun, "I." I (burdensome pronoun alert) will remain a staunch fan of KISS and Gene Simmons, however, Me, Inc. will need some rethinking before expecting to really be helpful. If anyone can correct this misstep, it's Mr. Simmons. It will be exciting to see his next creation unfold.